This season I have done 15 races ranging from trail 5/10K's to a full marathon to a number of triathlons ranging from sprint to 70.3. I am fortunate enough to have been on the podium 10 x this season... 8 of those in the top 10 overall females. I finally won my first 1st place finish at my last race as well as 4 x top 3 finishes (all running races) and a handful of AG awards.
2013 Race Performances:
Feb - Dirty Love Trail 10K - 8th overall female, 1st in 30-39AG
March - St Malachi 5 Miler - 33rd overall, 9th of 252 in 30-34AG
April - On My Own Two Feet Half Marathon - 3rd overall female
May - Rev3 Knoxville Olympic Tri - DNF :(
May - Cleveland Full Marathon - (new PR - 4:09 for my 2nd full marathon), 39/144 (ouch)
June - Lake Health Half Marathon - (more of a training run than a race), 9th in AG
June - Rev3 Williamsburg Olympic Tri - 9/34 in AG
July - Milton Man Olympic Tri - (New Olympic PR 2:44) 11th overall, 2nd in 30-34AG
July - Fairport Harbor Sprint Tri - 10th overall, 3rd in 30-34AG
Sept- Rev3 Cedar Point 70.3 - (New PR 5:52) - 9/42 in 35-39AG
Sept - Believe & Achieve Trail 5K - 3rd overall female
October - Lake Health Half Marathon - 13th overall, 2nd in 35-39AG
October - Quick & Dirty 8K Trail Race - 3rd overall female
Nov - Autumn Leaves 5 Miler (offroad) - 10th overall female, 2nd in 35-39AG
Nov - Twinsburg Turkey Trot 5 Miler - 1st overall female!
Dec - Ohio Outside Race # 3 Trail - 3rd overall female
I will end with some things that I have either learned or confirmed this season:
- My run is my strongest of the three sports
- My bike is steady and I gained a little fitness here this year but not as much as I had hoped. Still some work to do here and hoping the new Quintana Roo bike helps too!
- My swim is still my key limiter in triathlon. I have no excuses. Lots of work needed here. Once I address this weakness I will be more competitive in triathlon.
- My competitiveness as a runner decreases in any race longer than a half marathon. Probably because I am still a newbie at LONG running with only 2 marathons under my belt.
- Off season strength work is important.
- Yoga/Core are very important to staying strong and healthy year round.
- Being sick for a couple of months made me realize that I am stronger physically and mentally than I thought I was. I think this is true for most people.
- Being on a team with wonderful people makes it easier to improve as well as to accept when you don't have a good performance. I am very lucky to be a member of Team Rev3 and Powerbar Team Elite!
|Excited to ride this new QR bike for my 2014 season!|
Stay tuned for the last race report of the year in a few weeks as well as my 2014 season plans!