Wednesday, March 6, 2013

2013 Race Schedule...Finally

It's the beginning of March and I think I've finally nailed down my race schedule for the 2013 season. It was difficult this year for a few reasons. First, starting a new job limits the amount of travel I can do. Not that I'm complaining because I love my new job! Second, I signed up for the Cleveland Full marathon again and this kindof makes triathlon training extra hard since I need to log more run miles than anything else.

Why did I sign up to run a full marathon at the beginning of tri season you ask? I really want to do the full in support of my dear friend Jill who will be making her second attempt as a first time marathoner. Last year she was sidelined with a stress fracture and I was injured too with the whole stress reaction thing (not fun).

Second I am also very excited to be running the marathon as part of Girls With Soles' Team Lula. I am a fundraiser for Girls With Sole because I believe what Liz and the team do is amazing! Please be sure to check them out. And if you can spare a buck or two please help by clicking on the link below: http://www.imathlete.com/donate/PamelaMcGowan?z=1360700962967

Finally it's always difficult creating a race schedule until I see how my spring is shaping up. I have a tendency to be injured at this time of the year. I have taken a lot of steps to ensure that does not happen this season so I am cautiously optimistic that things will turn out as I am planning.

What's different about the schedule this year is that I am throwing some trail running into the mix. I really enjoy it - in fact I started the season off with a trail race, which was a blast! So as of now here is the schedule I hope to follow should the running and triathlon gods bestow their grace on me this season:

  • February 10 - Dirty Love 10K - Willoughby Hills, OH 
  • March 16 - St Malachi 5 miler - Cleveland, OH 
  • April 20 - On My Own Two Feet 1/2 Marathon - Kent, OH
  • May 5 - Rev3 Knoxville Olympic Tri - Knoxville, TN
  • May 19 - Cleveland Marathon - Cleveland, OH
  • June 23 - Rev3 Williamsburg Oly Tri - Willamsburg, VA
  • July 7 - Milton Man Olympic Tri - Lake Milton, OH
  • July 20 - Dog Days Century Ride -
  • July 28 - Fairport Harbor Lighthouse Sprint Tri - Fairport Harbor, OH
  • August 11 - The Perfect 10 Miler - Lyndhurt, OH
  • September 8 - Rev3 Cedar Point 70.3 Tri - Sandusky, OH
  • September 28 - Akron Marathon Relay - Akron, OH
  • September 29 - Girls With Sole Believe & Achieve Trail 5 or 10K - Kirtland, OH
  • October 13 -  Lake Health Full Marathon - Fairport Harbor, OH
  • November 2 - For the Shirt Ultra (6 or 12 hr run TBD) - Warren, OH
  • November 24 - Fall Classic Half Marathon - Strongsville, OH - maybe
  • November 28 - Painesville Turkey Trot 5K, Painesville, OH
  • December 15 - Santa Shuffle Half Marathon - Sandusky, OH - maybe

So there it is folks. As you can see I will be a busy girl this year! No 140.6 planned at the moment but a good amount of triathlons in there and some trail running too! Of course I am most excited about my Team Rev3 races! I'm hoping my legs hold up well in the fall and if they do I will run a fall marathon with the intent to run my first ultra marathon in December. No 100 miler or anything crazy like that but at least a 50K. Sounds like fun doesn't it?! Here we go 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment